Crunchy Asian-style slaw...with kombucha!
April 5, 2021
This crunchy Asian-style slaw has a creamy, tangy dressing made with peanut butter, soy sauce, and kombucha! It’s a delicious way to enjoy your vegetables and the dressing is packed with healthy fats and probiotics!
- 1/4 cup Buchi Kombucha
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the kombucha, avocado oil, sesame oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, and honey, until combined.
- In a large bowl toss the coleslaw mix with cilantro and dressing.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Divide into 4 bowls and serve immediately.
Note: If making this dish in advance, do not add the dressing until ready to serve to prevent the vegetables from wilting.
The salad dressing will stay fresh for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. You could even make a double batch for more salads or try it as a dipping sauce for vegetable spring rolls!
- For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free tamari or liquid aminos instead of soy sauce.
- To keep this recipe vegan, use agave instead of honey.
- If you can’t find coleslaw mix, you can make your own by combining 2 cups of shredded green cabbage, 1 cup of shredded purple cabbage, and 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- If you want to prepare this as a main dish, you can add your favorite protein on top. I love it with shelled edamame or tempeh!
This incredible recipe was created by Liz of iheartvegetables.com