Last Updated: March 14, 2022
LIST OF TOPICS:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Use or Sharing of Personal Information
- Use or Sharing of Non-Personal Information
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Online Advertising
- Social Networking and Third-Party Sites
- California Residents
- Retention of Information
- Managing Your Account Information and Communication Preferences
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us, except as otherwise described below. We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party.
Personal Information. The types of information we collect that identify you or relate to you as an individual may include things such as the following:
- Name, date of birth, state, shipping address, billing address, telephone number, email address, username and password (for account administration), when you supply this information voluntarily
- Device ID, including IP address, which are automatically collected and, while they don’t identify you as an individual, they do identify a particular computer or mobile device
- Geolocation (if you consent to this function)
- Financial account information and other payment information (that you submit to us for order processing)
- Additional Personal Information you may submit as necessary for the administration of particular promotional events, such as sweepstakes or contests
Non-Personal Information. Other types of data will also be collected periodically, such as:
- Type of browser and operating system, mobile application usage data, and aggregated information such as “click stream” information which means entry and exit points (including referring URLs or domains), traffic statistics, page views, and impressions, all of which are collected automatically
- Demographic information you choose to submit and which we may combine on an anonymous basis with similar information from other users
- Device Information – Device type, OS, and identifier
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- Process and manage your account and your purchase and use of our products and services
- Respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums
- Create and deliver personalized content and promotions based on your purchases and other interactions with us
- Provide access to our products or information about our products, such as price and availability
- Email marketing: With your opt-in, we may send communications about your product orders, news and offerings from Buchi and our affiliated companies
- Improve our online services, including to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to operate and expand our business activities
- Process or complete transactions, such as credit card payments, that you request, including providing your information to other third parties (such as Shopify, PayPal, Amazon, or subscription processors) to help process or complete the transactions
- Send you direct mail with information or marketing offers from us, or use third parties to send those emails or direct mail on our behalf
- Text marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
USE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as set forth below, we will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of Buchi (“Asheville Kombucha Mamas”, “AKM”) or our affiliated companies:
To Perform Services For You
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as payment processing, website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services necessary to the Online Services and services you request.
Corporate Transactions or Events
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Compliance with Law
We may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated companies; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Buchi or others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
Third Party Marketing
If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from third parties, we may, from time to time, share the information you provide to us with a few carefully selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. Sharing data to third parties excludes SMS opt-in data. If you would like us to stop providing your information to our third-party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or sending a letter to 242 Derringer Drive, Marshall, NC 28753.
USE OR SHARING OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Non-personal information may be used for any purpose not prohibited by law. For example, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all information that does not identify an individual (or that has been modified to remove individual identification).
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
What Are Cookies?
Buchi and its agents use small text files called cookies, (collectively, “Cookies”). Cookies are small pieces of data that we and our agents place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to Personal Information that you provide to us through your online interaction with us. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Types of Cookies
Each cookie performs one or more of the following functions:
(a) Essential Cookies: These first party cookies allow you to use a feature of the Online Services, such as to stay logged in or make a purchase.
(b) Analytics Cookies: These can be first party or third-party cookies. Such cookies track information about how the Online Services are used so Buchi can make improvements and report on our performance. Buchi may also use such cookies to test new ads or features.
(c) Preference Cookies: These first party cookies store your Online Services preferences.
(d) Ad Targeting Cookies: These third-party cookies (also called “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising) are placed by advertising platforms or networks to deliver ads and track performance or to deliver ads based upon your activities.
Your Control of Cookies
Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please understand, however, if you disable Cookies, some features of the Online Services may not work as well (or at all) for you.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information shared, the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates with which information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address:
Attention: Privacy Request
242 Derringer Drive
Asheville, NC 28753
In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
MINORS AND THE CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Only adults age 18 or over are permitted to use our Online Services. By using our Online Services, you agree to provide us with accurate information concerning your age or identity if we request it. You also agree not to assist minors under the age of 18 in accessing our Online Services or to attempt to contact children under 18 through our Online Services.
We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Our Online Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have obtained any personally identifiable information about a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we may have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to use reasonable safeguards to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through the Online Services. However, no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft might not occur.
SMS/MMS Mobile Message Service Terms and Conditions
The Buchi mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by [Asheville Kombucha Mamas, LLC] (“[AKM or Buchi] ”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Buchi’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Buchi through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Buchi. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to +1 (844) 914-1411 (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Buchi mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms. For Service support or assistance, text HELP to +1 (844) 914-1411 or email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
To update or correct your account information – or if you would like to stop receiving marketing communications from us via email or other methods – you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a letter to us at:
Attn: Communications Preferences
242 Derringer Drive
Marshall, NC 28753
HOW TO CONTACT US
CHANGES AND UPDATES