Slow-cooked and submerged in kombucha, every bite melts in your mouth, releasing an abundance of sweet, tangy holiday flavors.
February 2, 2022
Looking for a unique and seriously delicious dessert to make for your stay-home or socially distanced Thanksgiving? We’ve got the answer - kombucha poached apples! Slow-cooked and submerged in kombucha, every bite melts in your mouth, releasing an abundance of sweet, tangy holiday flavors. Add a layer of extra decadence by pairing them with an ice cream of your choice (we went with maple bourbon vanilla).
INGREDIENTS (serves two)
- Two apples of your favorite variety
- 3 cups of Buchi kombucha (1.5 bottles)
- 1 cinnamon stick and a few cloves
- Ice cream (optional)
- Peel and core your apples, then cut them in half.
- Add apples, kombucha, cinnamon stick and cloves to a pot. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer partially covered for 30 minutes.
- Gently remove poached apples and set aside.
- Simmer remaining liquid for around 35 minutes, until reduced to approximately 1/2 cup. Cool in fridge.
- Reheat poached apples, serve with ice cream and syrup reduction.